The service helps you test and repair your Electronic Ignition Switch, known as EIS or EZS. The service is for the EIS of W164 M Class, GL Class after 2009, and W251 R Class.
Your Mercedes Benz has an immobilizer system, known as DAS3, which works with infra-red keys and an infra-red EIS/EZS. This integrated immobilizer system incorporates other parts of your car like your engine ECM and, sometimes, the Automatic Transmission Mechatronics unit.
A fault in this system, which the EIS is a part of, can affect the proper functioning of your car. In other words, your car might not start. This service will help you test and repair any issue with your EIS/EZS.
When you send your EIS unit, you are required to send at least one ignition key along to aid the testing of the unit. The repair of your EIS would not necessitate additional programming of your ESM or engine ECM.
Key turns but won’t crank or start
No dash lights when key is inserted or turned
Problems can begin intermittently, and can be temperature related until complete failure
The vehicle supported in this repair service is Mercedes Benz. If your car does not fall in the category of the Mercedes cars listed below, do not buy this service. You can contact us for more information on how you can repair your vehicle.
The Mercedes Benz cars that are covered by this service are;
- Mercedes Benz ML280 CDI W164 3.0L (2006-2009)
- Mercedes Benz ML300 CDI W164 3.0L (2009-2012)
- Mercedes Benz ML320 CDI W164 3.0L (2005-2009)
- Mercedes Benz ML350 W164 3.5L (2005-2012)
- Mercedes Benz ML350 CDI W164 3.0L (2009-2012)
- Mercedes Benz ML500 W164 5.0L (2005-2007)
- Mercedes Benz ML500 W164 5.5L (2007-2012)
- Mercedes Benz ML63 AMG W164 6.2L (2006-2012)
- Mercedes Benz R280 CDI W251 3.0L (2007-2010)
- Mercedes Benz R300 CDI W251 3.0L (2010-ON)
- Mercedes Benz R320 CDI W251 3.0L (2006-2010)
- Mercedes Benz R350 W251 3.5L (2006-2010)
- Mercedes Benz R350 CDI W251 3.0L (2010-ON)
- Mercedes Benz R500 W251 5.0L (2006-2007)
- Mercedes Benz R500 W251 5.5L (2007-2010)
If your vehicle falls within this category and you have a faulty EIS, you can purchase this service. Our professionals will test and repair the EIS for you with our specially designed test equipment.
The parts supported by this service are;
You will get the address to which you will send your EIS and ignition key when you pay for this service. Please ensure that you include details like your name, eBay name, phone number, address, and email. These details will help us reach you on all matters regarding your shipping.
Please wrap the EIS and ignition key in padded bubbles to protect them during shipping. Make sure your EIS and key are also insured before you ship them.
VEPro offers a warranty for all its services. They stand by their services, knowing they are providing the best of what is obtainable in the automobile service industry.
What are the indicators of a faulty EIS?
Many things can go wrong with a car. So, how do you know that the problem is a faulty EIS? Here are some of the indications that something is wrong with your car’s EIS.
- The key turns but won’t crank or start.
- The dash lights do not come on when you insert or turn the key.
These problems could start gradually and seem temperature-related until the EIS stops working completely. However, please do not wait until your EIS breaks down as it could affect your engine. Send the EIS to us for testing and repair.
Can VEPro program an extra key from my EIS?
Yes, we can. We can program additional keys for your car from your EIS. We could also program an entirely new set for you if you lost all your keys.